The term “landing page” is thrown around a lot and can have different meanings for different people. But what is it? A landing page is a page on a website designed to enable a specific action. It is very different from other pages that you have on your website. The sole purpose of the landing page is to convert visitors into leads such as purchasing a particular product on your WooCommerce or Shopify store or signing up for your email newsletter. These actions are called the page’s ‘call to action.’
How do landing pages work?
1. Someone sees a ‘call to action’ on your social media account and ends up on your landing page
2. They fill out the form on your page – so they convert from visitor to lead
3. Their information from the form is now stored in your database
4. You contact the new lead based on their needs
Why is the landing page important?
• It makes a good first impression
• 48% of the top landing pages are ranked in maps and organic listings
• Interactive pages can increase your messages’ efficiency by 79%
One of the many benefits is the quick generation of new leads, improving your SEO ranking, an easy way to collect customer data, and a great way to promote your new product/service.
THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LANDING PAGE AND A WEBSITE
Your website is a full overview of your business – it’s a collection of different pages and sections that help people find what they’re looking for. Business websites can have different pages, for example, product or services pages, portfolio pages, contact pages, and others. The website has multiple pages with different goals and purposes.
The main difference is the FOCUS – that’s why landing pages are so effective for marketing – they are customized to a specific campaign or offer and guide visitors toward a single call to action.
· 1 Page
· Designed for the specific target audience
· No navigation
· Is specific and focused on one offer
· To sell or capture leads
· 5+ Pages
· Designed for the entire target audience
· All pages accessible
· Is about brand awareness & messaging
· Explain and present the business
HOW TO INCREASE CONVERSION OF YOUR LANDING PAGE?
• Don’t forget to include reviews. 37% of the top landing pages include testimonials
• 46% of marketers consider form layout to have a significant impact
• The average number of form fields is 11. However, if you reduce the number of form fields from 11 to 4, it can result in a 120% increase in conversions
• Not asking for age, address, and telephone number can boost conversions. In fact, simply asking for an email and phone number had the highest conversion rate
• 80% of users are more likely to read content that is combined with bold, attention-getting imagery
• Featuring video content can increase conversion rates by as much as 86%
• Companies that use well-defined middle-of-the-funnel (MoFu) engagement and lead-management strategy generate a 4 to 10 times higher response rate than generic email blasts and outreach.
• Personalized CTAs convert 202% better than default versions
• Addressing buyer concerns on landing pages increases conversions by up to 80%
Key Components of a Landing Page:
- Engaging and clear copy
- Strong Call-to-Action (CTA)
- Bullet points
- Social media sharing icons
- Testimonials/Social Proof
- No site navigation
- SEO optimization
Keep your landing page designs consistent with your brand. Even if the page isn’t visible and accessible on your website, it’s important to provide a consistent customer experience across all channels.
Do you have any questions? Contact us!